20120312

Music on the go.

Being a person who knows basic guitar chords, it's awesome.
At least get to play some favourite songs. =)

These few days I'm practising only these:
1. I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz (Cover by Janice and Sonia [Jayesslee]) {Capo 4}
2. 지독하게 (Severely) by FT Island {Capo 2}
3. Nobody's Home by Avril Lavigne {Capo 1}
4. I'm With You by Avril Lavigne {Capo 2}
5. Complicated by Avril Lavigne {Down 2 half steps}
6. When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne {No tuning}
*Oops. Sorry for having Avril fever, but she has many nice songs to strum with.*
7. Secrets by OneRepublic {Capo 2}
8. Nothing by The Script {Capo 2}

Perhaps you can try Taylor Swift's songs too. I recommend several songs here.
1. Teardrops On My Guitar {Capo 3}
2. You Belong With Me {Capo 4}
3. Breathe feat. Colbie Callait {Capo 6}
4. Love Story {Capo 2}
5. Back To December {Capo 2}
6. Fifteen {No tuning}
7. Today Was A Fairytale {No tuning}

Note : Songs with capo on 2nd fret can be played without capo too. =)

Get your guitar chords here.
Kindly visit Youtube for guitar covers if you cannot find the chords of a particular song.
This is how I self learn, no shortcuts.
All the best.

-aLiCe_RawkXZ-

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice!
    I have been searching for the Jayesslee chords for "I won't give up". If you could help me find them or tell me what chords you use I would SO VERY MUCH appreciate it! I am very new to the guitar but hoping to learn the song well enough to play it at my cousins wedding in 87 days :) Any help would be awesome! Thank you!!

    Beth from Iowa :)also- my email is elizabeth.goskesen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elizabeth,
      I was surprised that someone would actually spot my blog. Thank you for your support. =)
      "I Won't Give Up" is indeed a very sweet and nice song. Glad that you would love to share it during your cousin's wedding. Please send my greetings and wishes to them, thank you.
      For the chords of the song, I found them here: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/jason_mraz/i_wont_give_up_ver3_crd.htm
      This is the original version by Jason Mraz. For Jayesslee's version, I actually don't play the way Sonia does (cause I'm also just an amateur), but just shifting the capo from 2nd fret to the 4th fret, while the chords are the same.
      You may try it out and let me know the results. All the best. =)

      aLiCe from Penang, Malaysia.

      Delete